A problem was found with the latest version iOS 9.2, linked to the evolution of Apple APIs introduced in this latest version , which impacts devices already enregistered on the MDM platforms.
Impacts on iOS 9.2 devices:
- Inability to manage applications deployed by the MDM .
- Unable to download managed applications through the company store.
- Information on the compliance of applications are no longer reported.
- Information on the status of managed applications is no longer reported.
- Compliance audits initiated from the AirWatch management console on the device fails
- device synchronisation initiated from the AirWatch management console on the device fails.
- If the devices are compliant, they will continue to be consistent and be allowed.
- If the devices are not compliant , their compliance status will not be updated and therefore be blocked.
- Commands such as ” Wipe Enterprise “, ” Device Lock ” or even profile installations work properly on iOS devices 9.2
Internal AirWatch and Apple teams are working closely to find a solution as soon as possible after.
We recommend not to proceed with the update of iOS devices to iOS 9.2 until the issue has been resolved. Some customers indicate random and intermittent functioning. By repeatedly reregistering the device you can unlock and temporarily solve the problem, but this is without any guarantee